Being the most populous country in the world has its own benefits. China has one of the most skilled and knowledgeable populations in the world. With over 1.4 billion residents, you’re sure to find a good manufacturer for your promotional items. Most of the time, promotional gifts from China are cheaper compared to other manufacturers outside of China.
Made in China
Sourcing suppliers in China is relatively more affordable than sourcing products locally. Why? China is the world’s largest manufacturing center. But one good thing about Chinese manufacturing is the excess of factory workers and the low cost of production. The low cost of living in the country offsets low labor costs.
Additionally, sourcing in China means there is no need to train new workers or procure new machinery to produce a certain product. This attracts new investment/jobs to the country. Therefore, overseas companies consider expanding their business to China as they will save a lot of money while increasing their production. With state-of-the-art technology and machinery, Chinese factories can mass-produce various products in less time. To give you an idea, here are the 4 industrial advantages of China:
- Affordable energy
- Has a rich supply of resources
- Trained Industrial Workers
- Efficient transportation and infrastructure
Since not all companies have the ability to expand their operations overseas, more and more independent manufacturers have emerged in the country’s tiger economy.
Why should your brand get promotional items from China?
- Affordability – For all the reasons above, most manufacturers in China offer cheaper prices, especially if you meet the supplier’s MOQ. Depending on the supplier, the price can be around 20% to 50% cheaper. This can mean huge savings for your brand. With this, you can allocate your marketing budget to other important business needs.
- Fast Turnaround Time – With a team of talented skilled workers and state-of-the-art machinery, you don’t have to wait months for a simple order. Most manufacturers handle bulk orders, so you know you’ll receive your promotional gift on time. However, most factories are closed during National Days and Remembrance Days as workers go home to celebrate with their families. Therefore, it is important to know what these important holidays are. Some products take more time to produce, knowing when these important Chinese festivals are celebrated and ordering ahead will give you a lot of time to plan and get samples. It is also helpful to know how to calculate container transit time to avoid delays.
- Fashion Items – Weird and interesting items made in China. Everything from selfie sticks to custom waterproof bags. They also produce high-quality and efficient electronics such as custom bluetooth speakers, custom power banks, and more. So if you want people to talk about your company, get in touch with our Dulnain Bridge team so we can help you create these awesome promotional products.
- Flexibility and availability of promotional products – this is probably the most important aspect of getting promotional products from China. Some manufacturers in other countries have limited raw materials, so some items may not be readily available. In China, manufacturers have an abundant supply of different types of raw materials, as the country is home to factories that produce silicone, electronic parts, wood, bamboo, textiles and metals. Additionally, their factories keep up with the latest product development and design trends. Overall, China has the necessary resources and talent to create a wonderful promotional product.
How do you contact manufacturing companies in China?
Unless you are proficient in Mandarin and know a lot of suppliers, you will have no problem. However, if you are one of most people who are not familiar with the Chinese market, then by all means get the services of a sourcing agent.
What is a purchasing agent?
Purchasing agents, also known as purchasing agents, are companies that outsource suppliers on the best terms and prices. Most of the time, these purchasing agents have warehouses or headquarters in specific areas to help ensure smoother transactions between customers (brands) and manufacturers. Fortunately, ODM can help you. You can also find top 5 promotional gifts company in China here.